DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE 2nd IOC CENFERENCE HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL MAY 2021!
This will be the second in a series of biennial conferences designed to address selected current topics relating to table olives and olive oil (markets, products, technologies & practices). This year’s panels and parallel sessions will focus on the olive sector.
The conference includes two days of presentations and round-table discussions.
Proposals for oral and poster presentations are invited. The abstracts will be submitted exclusively online.
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: March 1st, 2020.
More specifically, the thematic areas are:
- Effective route management “from farmer to processor”
- Greek olive oil marketing: exports branding and e-commerce
- Producer groups
- Sustainability in production and processing (plant protection, carbon and water footprints)
- Waste management – Olive sector by-products
- Implementation of the bio economy principles in the olive sector
- Best practices for pesticide residue tracking
- Niche markets for the olive sector (consumer trends and opportunities, new product development, etc.)
- Nutritional and health aspects of olive oil
- Olive sector as a tool for rural development
- Use of novel technologies for traceability (adulteration, quality control, quality standards)
The conference languages are Greek and English with simultaneous translation.
Additional information could be find at https://www.medevents.gr/congress/olive2020