IFA is an independent European non-profit organisation, established in 2005 by representatives of university institutions, research institutes, companies and associations related to food, coming from all over the world.
The IFA mission is to support
- Lifelong learning in the food sector, encompassing both academia & industry
- Teachers and Trainers to improve efficacy of teaching
- Students to gain knowledge more easily
- Industry staff / Food professionals to make use of research results
- Researchers to facilitate collaboration
in order to assure the best possible competences for all working in the food sector; and thus contributing to serving the consumer with safe and good food.
To see more specific information for different categories of stakeholders in the food area click on one of the following icons:
- IFA has been granted consultative status with UNIDO in 2010
- IFA is founding member of EASPA (European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation an Quality Assurance, http://www.easpa.eu) in 2011
- IFA was elected as Standing Committee of ICA (Association for European Life Science Universities) in 2014
- Student scholarships from the European Forum Alpbach Foundation (deadline March 31, 2017)
- Video introduction of EQAS: International standards for food study programmes
IFA is partner of the ERASMUS+ Capacity Building Project SEA-ABT "South East Asian Academy for Beverage Technology"
- IFA is partner of the ERASMUS+ Knowledge Alliance Project FooD-STA "FooD Studies & Training Alliance"
- Free download: Traditional Food: A Culinary Trip Through Europe
Scientific events with special reduction on registration fees for IFA-members:
10% reduction for IFA members at INCREase 2017 in Faro, Portugal, 11-13 October 2017
17% reduction for IFA members at the 8th Shelf Life International Meeting (SLIM 2017), Bangkok, Thailand, 1-3 November 2017
Abstract submission deadline has been extended to 15 May 2017.