GIRACT - Interested in funding opportunities and in getting noticed by 8 key companies in the food and flavor field? See what the 6th edition of programme “Promoting Flavor Research amongst PhD Students” is offering
Recently Giract announced the 6th Edition of the programme “Promoting Flavor Research amongst PhD Students” which will be applicable to the students in the academic year 2015/2016 across all universities in Europe. The aim of this programme is to increase interest in flavor research by students who are about to start their PhD as well as those who have already chosen flavor research as their subject and are about to complete their PhD and hence will soon be examining opportunities for employment.
The programme is organised by Giract and co-ordinated by Prof. Andy Taylor from the University of Nottingham, UK. It is supported by a consortium of companies comprising Biorigin, DSM, Givaudan, IFF, Kerry Ingredients & Flavours, Lesaffre, Mars and Nestle. The programme offers 6 first PhD year bursaries and a best thesis award.
Detailed information and a road-map document how to participate in this
programme is available at http://www.giract.com/flavor-research-programme.php.
Call for application to REP-EAT, a doctoral programme
please find more at: http://repeat.unite.it/ and http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/jobs/jobDetails/34097407
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RepEatProject/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rep_eat2020
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rep-eat
On http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/home.html you can find and secure funding for projects under the following EU programmes.
- MARIE CURIE ACTIONS: The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions support researchers at all stages of their careers, irrespective of nationality: industrial doctorates, combining academic research study with work in companies, and other innovative training that enhances employability and career development. Job opportunities are also available there.
- COST ACTION EVENTS: COST is an intergovernmental framework for European Cooperation in Science and Technology, allowing the coordination of nationally-funded research on a European level. You can find different kind of events (seminars, workshops, summer schools) organized by different COST Action projects. The ones related with Food Technology are under the domain “Food And Agriculture”. Take a look into it!
- PhD grant NanoFASE HORIZON2020 project (deadline Sept.1 2015)This grant aims at fulfilling a grant programme which will be included in the EU project NanoFASE- Nanomaterial FAte and Speciation in the Environment, financed by the European Union under the HORIZON2020-NMP-2014 call, Topic: NMP-28-2014, Type of action: RIA. The main aim of the grant is to evaluate the bioavailability, bioaccumulation and ecotoxicity of nanoparticles in edaphic organisms, by using micro and mesocosms. These activities will be coordinated in order to lead to a PhD degree by the grant holder. The research activities will be carried out at the University of Aveiro, under the supervision of Dr Susana Loureiro, and at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Dr. C.A.M. van Gestel, associate professor) and therefore time abroad will be scheduled.