DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, IFW 2020 HAD TO BE POSTPONED AND WILL TAKE PLACE ON JUNE 5-9 2021!
The International Conference Insects to Feed the World continues its journey across the continents and will be held this time in North America in the beautiful city of Québec from June 2-6 2020.
As the world’s leading conference in all aspects related to insects as food and feed, Insects to Feed the World 2020 will provide a venue for intellectual and enlightening discussions of ideas at the emerging and frontier of the subject.
IFW 2020 organizing committee invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentation before February 17, 2020.
Topics available during IFW 2020 abstract submission may include (but are not limited only to):
* Harvesting and traditional role of eating insects/Sustainable consumption and food security
* Insect as food and feed/Processing, conservation and food safety of insect products
* Insect as feed/Alternative protein sources and diet formulations
* Insect production systems/Genetics, nutrition, physiology, health & ethics of edible insects
* Biotechnology & Non-food applications of insect
* Insect production systems/Processing organic side streams & waste management
* Quality control, legislation, and policy
* Insect production systems/Optimization, engineering, automatation and security
* Perception, marketing and economics
* Circular economy & environmental sustainability
Abstract submission guidelines for IFW 2020 (http://ifw2020.org/abstract-paper-submission)
Citizens, government organizations and industrial partners are also invited to the event as trade shows and experimental activities with insects are planned. The organizing committee wishes that the event allows all the actors to exchange and to givea unique opportunity to propel edible insects in the future of agriculture and food systems.